Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional yeast bread favorite for brunch or the big dinner itself.
Make and share this Bisquick Hot Cross Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (1 Tbs.)
- 2⁄3 cup warm water (105 to 115 F)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 3⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1⁄4 cup chopped citron
- quick icing (recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixer bowl. Add egg, sugar and 1 12 cups of the baking mix.
- Blend 1/2 minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 2 minutes medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Stir in remaining baking mix, the cinnamon, nutmeg, currants and citron; beat vigorously 1/2 minute.
- Spoon dough into 12 greased medium muffin cups. Cover and let rise in warm place until double, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Make a cross on each bun with Quick icing. 12 buns.
- Quick Icing, blend 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar ad 1 to 2 teaspoon water.
- EASTER BRUNCH.
- Fresh Fruit Cup.
- Chive Scrambled Eggs.
- Broiled Tomatoes.
- Hot Cross Buns.
- Betty Crocker's Bisquick Cookbook.
Made these on Good Friday morning for unexpected guests; disappointed. Dough was VERY DIFFICULT to handle, although yeast was fresh they didn't raise to double in 90 minutes (in warmth). They smelled great baking and tasted fine - but frankly, I was glad the ordeal was over. I'll try other recipes before I make this one again.