Recipe by 4-H Mom
This great recipe came from the Bisquick cookbook.
Top Review by Staten Island Slovak
I used dried red currants only because I was out of raisins. The next time I will either up the oil to 3 Tbs. or use fresh berries in place of the raisins or currants because the muffins were slightly on the dry side.
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded pared carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded pared apple
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
- Beat milk, oil, and egg slightly in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffins cups about 1/2 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until goldne brown, cool 5 minutes before removing from pan.