Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great breakfast handfuls. My DH loved them. I wrapped them individually & refrigerated them & he kept snaking on them all day. Easy & good, the best kind. The original is on the Bisquick website.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped cooked ham (1/4 pound)
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Spray bottoms and sides of 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. (Spray will work better than greasing or using paper muffin liners.).
- Beat eggs slightly in medium bowl with fork.
- Stir in Bisquick mix, milk and oil just until moistened.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and the ham.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm. Wrap and refrigerate any remaining muffins.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
It was very bland. :(
I made these with gf bisquick and everyone loved them. Even my husband who hates gf food. I used more ham (bc I had a lot to get rid of) and added a little dry mustard and chopped green onion. Delish!
This is a good "base" recipe, but as-is it is pretty bland. The second time I made this, I increased the cheese to 2 cups because it seemed a little dry. That helped (and made 18 muffins rather than 12), but it still needs something. Next time, I will add some herbs (basil, rosemary, and parsley), and a dash of cayenne and garlic salt. I think that will give it the complexity it seems to be missing.