Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet rolls baked in a circle, frosted and decorated to look like small Easter egg nests. Fun for the holiday brunch.
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- colored decorative candies
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons light cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring
- For the rolls, stir all ingredients except frosting and candies to a soft dough. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured cloth-covered board. Knead 8 to 10 times.
- Roll dough 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured 2-inch cutter.
- Arrange biscuits close together in a circle on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. While warm, frost with Creamy Frosting and decorate with candies to resemble Easter eggs. Serve immediately. About 12.
- For the Cream frosting, blend 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon soft butter or margarine, 2 teaspoons light cream and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. If you like, tint with 2 to 3 drops food color.
- Confectioners' sugar also called powdered or icing sugar.
- Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook.