Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you use Bisquick and run out, this is a good clone.
- 1892.72 ml all-purpose flour
- 295.73 ml nonfat dry milk powder
- 59.14 ml baking powder
- 14.79 ml salt
- 473.18 ml shortening
- Combine flour, milk, baking powder, and salt in a very large bowl.
- Cut in shortening until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Store in tightly closed covered container in a cool place.
I mixed up my first batch this past Friday morning, using non-dairy soy milk powder, and by Friday afternoon had already used up most of it for my weekend baking. It works beautifully!
If you use Bisquick from the box just throw it out the window!! This is a wonderful recipe and easy to make. I'm so happy I don't have to buy a box of Bisquick any more, now that I found this! I made half of the recipe because I wanted to use it to make Sausage Cheese Muffins Sausage Cheese Muffins worked wonderfully.
This is a great recipe .. used it when i had no bisquick on hand, worked great!