Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love simple comfort food; nothing fancy. Transferring some of my old recipes from paper scraps to Zaar and this is one of my favorites.
- Boil chicken breasts over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove breasts from the broth (reserving the broth). Shred or chop chicken.
- Mix together the chicken, vegetables, soup, and 1 cup of broth from the boiled chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and milk.
- In a lightly greased casserole dish, put in the chicken/vegetable mixture and top with the sliced eggs.
- Cover with the Bisquick/milk mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the Bisquick mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This was a quick to fix meal during a busy holiday season and total comfort food. I did make a few changes, but I don't think it altered the recipe much. I used a 16oz pkg of frozen mixed vegetables (thawed), precooked chicken & broth, and omitted the eggs. I also added some tarragon, thyme, cracked black pepper, chopped celery & onion. Thank you for sharing your recipe!