Recipe by mailbelle
I love simple comfort food; nothing fancy. Transferring some of my old recipes from paper scraps to Zaar and this is one of my favorites.
Top Review by Susie D
This was a quick to fix meal during a busy holiday season and total comfort food. I did make a few changes, but I don't think it altered the recipe much. I used a 16oz pkg of frozen mixed vegetables (thawed), precooked chicken & broth, and omitted the eggs. I also added some tarragon, thyme, cracked black pepper, chopped celery & onion. Thank you for sharing your recipe!
- 2 -3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts over medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove breasts from the broth (reserving the broth). Shred or chop chicken.
- Mix together the chicken, vegetables, soup, and 1 cup of broth from the boiled chicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix Bisquick and milk.
- In a lightly greased casserole dish, put in the chicken/vegetable mixture and top with the sliced eggs.
- Cover with the Bisquick/milk mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the Bisquick mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.