Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe is quick and easy.I got the recipe off of a bisquick box. Yummy and lower in fat than fried chicken fingers.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (cut into 1/2 inch strips)
- 2⁄3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In a plastic resealable bag, mix Bisquick mix, cheese, garlic, and paprika.
- Dip half the chicken strips in egg; place in bag of Bisquick mixture. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- Repeat using remaining chicken.
- Drizzle butter over chicken.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through bake time.
This is a very easy chicken dish. It was simple, flavorful and used ingredients I almost always have on hand. I added a little onion powder to add extra flavor and used real butter too. My husband liked his with bbq sauce for dipping. Next time I will make some honey mustard to go with it because it definitely needs a dipping sauce. Thanks!
These were very easy to assemble and quite tasty. I added lemon juice to the egg mixture and also drizzled lemon juice on the chicken halfway through cooking. It was my own preference to use lemon as, it is a favorite flavor of mine. Especially, with chicken! The reason I only gave 4 stars is that the chicken came out a little dry. Perhaps I cooked them too long though. I will be sure to cook them the recommended 13 minutes next time. Thanks for the simple recipe.
My kids are SO picky. But this is one of very few recipes I have tried that the entire family absolutley loves. Never any leftovers. And so easy and quick. Real butter makes it best. And I have substituted poultry seasoning instead of garlic and paprika and it was great as well. I make it all the time!