Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is such an easy bread to make just mix and bake, no need for any kneading, shape into one large or a few small loaves or drop the dough from a heaping tablespoonful onto baking sheet for biscuits --- to save time I prepare a couple of loaves early in the afternoon, shape and season them cover with plastic wrap and just keep refrigerated until ready to bake, I make this recipe with original brand Bisquick, so I cannot promise the same results if prepared with a clone --- these are at their best when served warm from the oven, so prepare them early refrigerate and pop into the oven just before dinner! :)
- 473.18 ml original Bisquick baking mix
- 177.44-236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 118.29 ml water, plus
- 14.79 ml water
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- 2.46 ml garlic powder (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml dried parsley (or to taste)
- Set oven to 400°F (convection bake if possible).
- Grease a foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a large bowl mix/toss together the baking mix with grated cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Add in the water, and mix with hands until well combined.
- Shape the dough into one oval-shaped loaf, or even better into smaller oval shaped balls, or drop heaping tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheet for biscuits.
- Transfer to cookie/baking sheet.
- Brush the tops and sides with melted butter; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and dried parsley.
- At this point, let dough rest, covered loosely with plastic or a clean tea towel in the refrigerator for 20-25 minutes before baking.
- Remove from fridge and bake for 25 minutes, or until brown in color (bake less time for smaller size balls or biscuits, the dough will spread when baked).
- Remove from oven, cut in slices, serve warm.
WONDERFUL biscuits! I used a good aged cheddar the the flavour really came through! They turned out nice and crispy on the outside but light and fluffy inside! Like another reviewer I used an ice cream scoop and made 8 delicious biscuits! Thanks for another winner KittenCal!
Awesome!! I've never had the Red Lobster biscuits but I really don't need to now. These are so wonderful & full of flavour!! Follow the recipe exactly - I was thinking there was too much of the dry seasoning for the topping but I used it all & it was perfect. My husband asked me to make them again the following night!! I also liked that buttering at the table isn't really necessary as they are great just the way they are.
This recipe is awesome! I followed the recipe and out came these lovely, fluffy biscuits. I patted the dough out and cut inch and a half thick biscuits, cooked them for about 20 minutes. The parmesean and Italian seasonings are perfect! I will be making these gems again. Thank you Carol for posting this yummy treat.