Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is something that my 6 year old and I have just discovered as a terrific treat for after school. I never really grew up fully, because I too look forward to that after school snack. There are so many different directions that this recipe can be taken, but this is by far our favorite. My son is the kid who, if I make him smoothies or another healthy snack, he says, "You know what this needs, mommy? It needs chocolate!" but he doesn't say that with this. :D
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (can use splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1 (4 ounce) container fat-free blueberry yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine blueberries and yogurt. Add some splenda if it's not sweet enough for you. Set the bowl near the oven so that the mix can warm a tad.
- Put bisquick and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add skim milk and cinnamon, if using. (I haven't tried any extracts, but I'm curious as to how it would work out.).
- Drop by spoonful into 4 equal portions onto foil covered cookie sheet. Set in oven.
- Pour a cup of coffee and cook shortcakes for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, put on plates and top with blueberry yogurt mixture. Serve and enjoy!