Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe off of Sandra's Money Saving Meals on the food network and it was really good so i wanted to share
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
- all-purpose flour, for work surface
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the baking mix and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter with your hands or a pastry blender until the butter is the size of peas.
- Beat the eggs well with the 1/4 cup milk in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine until just blended. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and pat into a 3/4-inch thick square.
- Cut into 4 squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Arrange the scones on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool a bit before glazing.
- For Glaze: Whisk together the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour evenly over the warm scones. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
I am so happy with these! They are delicious. A few changes that I made were: I substituted that last 1/4c of bisquick for 1/4c of instant oatmeal, just because I like it that way. It creates a great texture and adds some nutrition (nominal, but still). Also, I used yogurt instead of milk. To the people who have thought these were a little dry, both of those may be good suggestions to try for solving that. Mine are perfection and I ended up baking them a minute or two longer. So delicious.
These are easy to make and are outstanding. I added more frozen blueberries (probably 1/2 - 3/4 cup, used one egg and added 1/4 more milk to make up the liquid difference. They turned out great. My elderly mother was visiting when I made them and she was very disappointed when they were gone. I promised I would make a batch for her and she could keep them in the freezer. The lemony glaze is a nice contrast to the blueberries. Best scone I've ever had and that's the truth!!!!!
These are very simple to make and taste yummy! I did add more blueberries just because I love them! The only thing I didn't like was the dry texture to the finished scone. Wonder about more liquid or perhaps a little more butter next time. Overall, extremely tasty though!