Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
need a quick elegant ending to a meal? This is it!
- 709.77 ml Bisquick
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml flour
- 177.44 ml margarine or 177.44 ml butter, soft
- 6 eggs
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 0.59 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml water
- 59.14 ml orange-flavored liqueur
- 236.59 ml apricot preserves
- 59.14 ml sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10"x4" tube pan.
- Beat bisquick, sugar, flour, margarine, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, and salt in large bowl on low speed, scraping bowl frequently, for about 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Heat 1/2 cup sugar and the water to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered 2 minutes; cool to lukewarm.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- Slowly drizzle over cake.
- Press the Apricot Preserves through a sieve.
- Heat preserves and sugar to boiling, sitrring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly; spread over top, allowing some to drizzle down sides.