Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
The flavors of caramel apples, served warm, along with biscuit topping. A cozy kind of dessert to curl up with in front of TV. You will like this dessert. Nice served with whipped cream.
- 1⁄4 cup betty crocker Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
APPLE and BISQUICK
- 5 cups sliced pared apples (about 5 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare Caramel Sauce. Blend baking mix, sugar and salt in saucepan.
- Stir in vinegar and water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and butter. Cool.
- Place apples in ungreased square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and the nutmeg.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups baking mix and milk to a soft dough.
- Scatter dropped dough over apples and spread dough over apples as best you can; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour Caramel Sauce over top.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. 6 servings.
- Betty Crocker’s Bisquick Cookbook.
I made this for my daughters youth group (13-17 year olds)! I doubled the recipe and within 10 minutes it was ALL gone! It was a super hit. So easy and travels well. No re-heating necessary.