1/1 Photo of Bison Steaks With Mushroom Sauce
The Wallaces's Note:
We absolutely love bison! Since it is a rare treat, we prefer simple sauces that showcase the flavor of the bison. This is perfect for a romantic dinner :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season bison steaks with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet over high heat.
- 3Sear steaks in oil until light brown on each side, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- 4*Note: the cooking time for the bison will vary depending on the thickness of your steaks. Bison should never be cooked more than medium because otherwise it will get too tough.
- 5When bison is done cooking, remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 6Add mushrooms, butter, and garlic to meat drippings in skillet.
- 7Cook about 5 minutes at medium high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle mushroom mixture with flour and stir well to ensure that all flour is absorbed.
- 9Add water, white wine, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet. Stir well to incorporate liquids into mushroom mixture.
- 10Top steaks with mushroom sauce and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bison Steaks With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.8
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g