Recipe by FoodCritic Wannabe
Bison is a very low fat meat and therefore can easily be overcooked. I add a lot of vegetables to keep the meat moist. I also finely chop all vegetables in the food processor to hide them from my toddler.
- 2 lbs ground bison meat
- 3 onions
- 3 carrots
- 3 orange bell peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the meat with the onions and half the garlic. I add the salt and pepper here.
- When meat is browned, add the rest of the vegetables, tomato paste, diced tomatoes and spices.
- Cook for an hour on low heat.
- Turn off the burner and add the other half of the garlic and the sugar.
- Serve with pasta -- or anything else.