Recipe by Megan Krape
I love this chili- It's thick and it's perfect for a snowy day. I love to cook with fresh ingredients, but somehow this recipe, which I grew up on (sub ground beef), does NOT taste as good! So go for it and make it easy on yourself... no cutting needed! I add Sriracha to it to spice it up a bit, but that is what's so great about chili... just keep adding things till it's "perfect"
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1⁄2 chopped yellow onion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chili beans (Spicy)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- in a 2 qt slow cooker, brown meat.
- Drain of fat and add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper.
- Drain beans and add to pot.
- Add both cans tomato sauce and tomato paste.
- Add your honey and brown sugar, oregano and basil -- let simmer for a bit because it thins out a bit -- so wait to add your water.
- And there you have it -- I let it simmer on low in my slow cooker for at least 3 hours -- it always tastes better day two though.