Recipe by bishop916
After searching the web thru what seemed like a gazillion variants of the same recipe, I noted a few common ingredients and added few twists. I hope you enjoy my take on everyone's favorite jerky!
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Hawaiian Luau marinade
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Pepsi
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 3 lbs sliced carne asada meat (or any suitable red meat)
- bamboo skewer (for oven drying)
- aluminum foil (for oven drying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all wet/dry ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat to boiling while whisking ingredients to blend. While marinade cools, cut sliced carne asada meat into 4 inch strips. Should be no more than 1/4 inch thick.
- Marinade meat strips for 12+ hours.
- Lay marinated meat strips on dehydrating trays of your dehydrator unit, following manufacturer's directions to complete.
- For oven drying, hang marinated meat strips from top rack of oven using bamboo skewers. Cover bottom rack with aluminum foil to catch drippings. Dry in oven at lowest setting (~170º propping door open slightly to release moisture) for 5-8 hours. Check meat now and then to ensure proper drying. Meat should be dried and flexible to bend in half without breaking. Enjoy!