1/2 Photos of Bishop's Chocolate Pie
We lived in Des Moines from 1974-76 and discovered Bishop's Cafeteria at Merle Hay Mall. Anytime we had out-of-town guests, they always wanted to dine there. And of course, everybody had to have a slice of Bishop's Chocolate Pie for dessert. This is a copycat recipe that my mother-in-law gave me many, many years ago. I'm making 4 pies today -- one to keep and 3 to send to Ronald McDonald House tomorrow for a supper that my sorority chapter is serving. There are many variations of this receipe, and this is the one from the kitchen of Helen Julis Court, Ottumwa IA.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat pudding and milk together until it is smooth and begins to thicken.
- 2Add ice cream and vanilla and mix well.
- 3Pour evenly divided into pie crusts.
- 4Add a layer of Cool Whip and sprinkle half the chocolate chips on each pie.
- 5Refrigerate until serving time or freeze (especially if you plan to take it somewhere). Don't let it set out too long before serving. Cut into 6-8 slices while the filling is still firm.
- 6VARIATION: Try vanilla pudding with strawberry ice cream; top with Cool Whip, sliced strawberries, and chocolate chips.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bishop's Chocolate Pie
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.9
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 974.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 75.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g