1 hr 5 mins
This comes from a restaurant that was very popular in Tulsa. It has been decades and it is said that people still request this recipe. I got this recipe out of the Tulsa paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1For the Diablo sauce:.
- 2In large sauce pan mix first 7 ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4In a small pan, melt margarine and gradually add flour, stirring until smooth.
- 5Add gradually to sauce mixture until desired thickness is reached.
- 6It is best to taste the seasonings as you mix the ingredients so that the sauce is to your desired taste.
- 7You may find that you want to increase or decrease certain ingredients to suit your taste.
- 8For the Brown Derby:.
- 9Lightly mix all ingredients and shape into 8 patties.
- 10Broil on a grill to your liking.
- 11Place on plates and cover with Diablo sauce.
- 12This can be served with practically anything on the side.
- 13French fries, fried potatoes etc.
- 14NOTE: You may lose some of the flavor but the patties are still tasty if cooked inside in a skillet over medium heat.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bishop's Brown Derby With Diablo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.2 mg
- Sodium 1680.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce