Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy Bishop's bread recipe
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk, lukewarm
- 4 ounces sugar
- 5 ounces self rising flour
- 1 cup mixed fruit
- Cream butter, sugar and egg yolks.
- Add flour and milk gradually, alternating the wet and dry.
- Add chopped and mixed fruit.
- Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Grease and flour a ribmould tin.
- Fill with mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F.
- Turn the oven off and leave in for another 10 minutes.
- When cool, dust with icing sugar.