Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a Christmas tradition in my family. My mom got the recipe out of a church cookbook in the 50's. I usually make 3 loafs at a time. It is wonderful! Even those who hate fruitcake love this!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease well a bread/loaf pan.
- If not the non-stick kind, line the bottom only with 3 layers of waxed paper and then grease.
- Into bowl mix flour, baking powder, and salt; then stir in chocolate chips, walnuts, dates and cherries until well coated with flour.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs well; then gradually beat in sugar.
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix well (this will be stiff) and pour into greased pan.
- Bake 1 1/2 hours or until cake tester come out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- Wrap in foil when removed from pan and store at room temp.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
- This is much better the next day!