Recipe by truebrit
A chocolate chunk and cherry-studded Christmas favorite! If wrapped well, it will keep for several days.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped maraschino cherry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease a 5-1/4 " x 9-1/4" loaf pan, then line with heavy waxed paper.
- Into a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in chocolate, nuts, dates and maraschino cherries.
- Into a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into loaf pan, and bake for 1-1/2 hours, or until done.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.