1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
Forget the cookies and donuts - here's something much yummier. Crunchy peanuts and sweet chocolate chips transform this tender banana bread into a fun and wholesome breakfast treat, afternoon snack or picnic cake. It's sturdy enough to take to the office, a church meeting or on a fall outing
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, beat sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in bananas.
- 5Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 6add to banana mixture.
- 7Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 8Fold in the chocolate pieces and 2/3 cup of the peanuts.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 10sprinkle with remaining peanuts.
- 11Bake in a 350°F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- 15For mini-loaves, prepare batter as above.
- 16Grease and flour 8 mini-loaf pans (4 1/2-inch x 2 1/2-inch x 1 1/2-inch).
- 17Pour 1/2 cup batter into each pan and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, about 2 teaspoons per loaf.
- 18Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 19Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 20Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bishop Bread
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.4
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 458.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 12.3 g