Recipe by ** Poppy **
Because of the olive oil these biscuits come out crunchy on the outside and are nice and moist on the inside.
Top Review by bob welder
great recipe, i have one suggestion... the oil is easily substituted with oil that has been infused with special herbs. the cookies go down a lot easier and give you a bit of fun. so, if you got some of the sativa go for it and enjoy.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 kg all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, on low temperature, add wine, and gradually dissolve sugar and honey.
- Add orange juice, olive oil, cinnamon, anissed and walnuts.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Mix together flour and baking powder and add slowly to the saucepan.
- Combine well.
- Shape into small round balls and flatten, place on oiled cookie tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes at 110° C (225° F).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with sugar.
- Keep in cool place in airtight jars.