Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good for a late breakfast or for a light dinner, served with a tomato salad.
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) package Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 count)
- 1 (10 ounce) fully cooked boneless ham steaks
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Place the biscuits 2 inches apar,on a baking sheet and bake 11 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked, remove from oven and keep warm.
- While the biscuits are baking, trim the ham steak and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a medium non-stick skillet, melt the butter over high heat.
- When it starts to brown slightly, add the ham and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes, or until it starts to brown.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the ham to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the flour to the pan juices.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- With a wire whisk, slowly whisk in the milk.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low adn simmer the sauce, stirring often for 3-5 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the Cheddar, sherry and chives or parsley, stirring until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in the ham with any juices that have collected on the plate.
- Split the biscuits and spoon the ham and cheddar sauce over each biscuit.