Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you are like me and love a hearty breakfast of fluffy buttermilk biscuits and a side of scrambled eggs all smothered with sausage gravy, then this recipe is for you. I was looking for a breakfast casserole recipe to make as a treat for the staff at work and was very lucky to find this one on Pinterest. It is from the Just A Pinch Recipes website and was added by Phyllis Lawson. Super easy to throw together and is the epitome of comfort food.
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) packagepeppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor (I prefer sage or zesty Italian)
- 1 cup cheese, shredded (I like to use cheddar)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F Take a 13 x 9 pan and spray with cooking spray (or smear with butter). Cut biscuit dough into 1" pieces and place evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Brown the sausage and drain. Scatter the browned sausage over the biscuit pieces, then top with shredded cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk with a pinch of salt and pepper, then pour over the pan.
- Make gravy according to instructions on package and pour over the pan. Bake for 30 - 45 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs.
- Cut and serve. It's delicious warm right out of the oven!
Huge hit with my co-workers
Very nice change of pace. Very forgiving. Easy to make ahead, holds well in the oven AND reheats easily. Easy to modify to your particular tastes. A keeper.
I've made quite a few breakfast casseroles in my time and this is definitely the BEST! I've made it so often I now know the recipe by heart. Perfect comfort food. Thanks for sharing!