Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Thanksgiving edition of Martha Stewart Living 2007. Had to post for safe keeping and am going to try this for Thanksgiving. This is the biscuit recipe to make the dressing but I bet they are yummy by themselves as well.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add cream, and stir just until a dough forms.
- On a generously floured surface, pat dough into a square, about 1/2 inch thick. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Cut out rounds with a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Pat together scraps, and cut out more rounds. (You should have about 30 biscuits.) Space biscuits 2 inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the tops are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on sheet on wire rack. Biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For dressing, let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out before crumbling.