Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sauage gravy and biscuits 3
- 1 lb sausage
- 4 tablespoons pan drippings
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Prepare homemade biscuits or canned biscuits according to package directions.
- Crumble sausage into skillet and brown.
- Pour off excess grease leaving about 4 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Add cornstarch to skillet; stir to loosen the crust bits in skillet. Slowly add the milk and continue to stir until creamy and smooth.
- Add more cold milk if gravy thickens too fast. Return cooked sausage to the gravy.
- Stir well to blend.
- Cut biscuits in half and spoon the sausage gravy on top.
Good stuff!! But I added a scant tsp of ground summer savory and 2-3 Tsp chopped onions to the pan 2-3 minutes before adding the flour to the pan. Also, I taste the gravy and if it lacks flavor, I add a cube of chicken or beef boullion. Really love GOOD gravy. Warren Holmgreen
Wow!! I have tried to make white gravy a few times, but could never get it right. Now, I finally did!! Thankyou so much! :-)
This came out great! My hubby did add some diced onions and we we very happy with the result. Beginning gravy makers note: the directions do not specify to remove the sausage before adding the flour/cornstarch etc, but does refer to returning it to the pan. So, remove the sausage at the beginning of step 3.