Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great breakfast treat! This is one of the most simple biscuit and gravy recipes I have tried. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups warm milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven according to biscuit package directions.
- Cook sausage in large skillet breaking it into small pieces. When cooked, remove sausage from skillet and remove all but about 3 Tbs of fat. In skillet, over medium heat add flour 1 Tbs at a time-stirring constantly.
- Add enough flour to make a fairly thick paste, but do not brown!
- Stir warm milk into paste until thickened to a gravy consistency.
- Add 1/4- 1/3 of sausage (or as much as desired) to gravy Simmer for 2-3 minutes, add small amount of water if needed.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions Serve gravy over hot split biscuits!
Good instructions in the recipe! Gravy usually scares me but this recipe came out lump free! It did desperately need some salt and pepper but other than that is was a hit for Christmas morning.
Normally I make sausage gravy from a store bought powder, and it is "sausage flavored" gravy with no actual meat. It's just easier. But my son one night asked for sausage gravy for breakfast the next morning, said he craved it. I knew I had no powder, so I came here, found the recipe and made it. The only deviation was I used 1/2 lb sausage (it's all I had). Excellent sausage gravy! My son and the rest of the family loved it.
I did it!!!!!! i made sausage and gravy for the first time thanks to your recipe!!! I used reg. flour and I don't like bisquits so I used bread... It was real good my family loved it!!The only thing I didn't make enough for breakfast the next day!!!! Thank you so much