Recipe by Rick B(2)
A great breakfast treat! This is one of the most simple biscuit and gravy recipes I have tried. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by erinrach22
Good instructions in the recipe! Gravy usually scares me but this recipe came out lump free! It did desperately need some salt and pepper but other than that is was a hit for Christmas morning.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 2 cups warm milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven according to biscuit package directions.
- Cook sausage in large skillet breaking it into small pieces. When cooked, remove sausage from skillet and remove all but about 3 Tbs of fat. In skillet, over medium heat add flour 1 Tbs at a time-stirring constantly.
- Add enough flour to make a fairly thick paste, but do not brown!
- Stir warm milk into paste until thickened to a gravy consistency.
- Add 1/4- 1/3 of sausage (or as much as desired) to gravy Simmer for 2-3 minutes, add small amount of water if needed.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Bake biscuits according to package directions Serve gravy over hot split biscuits!