Top Review by Jbryant
This recipe was great. The recipe was very easy to follow step to step. The taste of the gravy was delicious. My husband fell in love with it. The meal was very filling, we ate eggs along with the meal & the gravy on the eggs was also good. You only have to add salt & pepper depending on your taste & we had to add a little bit of flour for it to get thicker. I am adding this to one of my menus for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb sausage (loose (hot or mild))
- container biscuit (from the dairy section)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage, remove from pan and drain.
- In a saucepan over med.-high heat melt the butter-stir in the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add mustard, salt and pepper.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir 1 minute or until as thick as you want. Remove from the heat and add the cooked sausage. This recipe doubles really well.
- Serve over hot biscuits.