Recipe by Victoria A
My uncle Mike has been making his biscuits and gravy this way since I could remember and he finally decided to share the recipe! I have never in my life found a biscuit and gravy recipe that tops this one, its cheap to make, delicious, and quick. It also serves a big sized family! Tips: Use Mary B's Buttermilk Biscuits which are found in the freezer section of your grocery store. Also don't walk away from this at all because it will get clumpy on you fast! SERVE WITH: Orange Juice, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
- 1 lb jimmy dean original sausage
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage and leave it in the pan(DON'T drain it) and leave turn the heat down to low.
- Mix the flour, milk, corn starch, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and add a little water to thin it.
- Turn up the heat to med-high and add mix to the sausage making sure its mixed in pretty good.
- Add water as needed to get the consistency you want, you can keep adding it as it thickens up because it gets thick fast.
- Serve over hot biscuits.