Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious and hearty! Use the reduced fat sausage, milk and biscuits to minimize the damage! :) Recipe can be doubled.
- Crumble sausage in large fry pan, brown.
- Add flour to browned sausage and mix, coating sausage with flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in liquids. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer over med-low heat, stir often. Done when gravy is thick and bubbley.
- Serve gravy over your favorite biscuit.
This gravy turned out great!! I loved the taste and found it very simple to make. I put it over home-made biscuits--very filling, yummy meal!!
Terrific comfort food! We love biscuits and gravy. I've never added chicken broth to it before, but it added a little bit more flavor to the gravy. Thanks for another winner Spit in Soup! Made for PAC Spring 2008