Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
You must try this at least once in your life time. A crowd pleaser. Sometimes I do this for dinner.
- baking powder biscuits
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 quart milk
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese (optional)
- While the Biscuts are baking, fry the sausage in a large, heavy skillet until done.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Leave about 4 or 5 T.of the fat in the pan and add the flour-whisking fast.
- SLOWLY add the milk, whisking like crazy until you have a nice, thick gravy.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- Add cooked sausage.
- Remove biscuits from oven, split and pour gravy on top.
- Top with cheese if you like.
- Serve with scrambled eggs.
- This recipe has the ability to expand in your stomach at an alarming rate!
Ohhh this hit the spot tonight!!! Very easy to make. I could only get 3/4lb sweet sausage so I supplemented with a package of spicy sausage. A huge hit! I used Pillsbury Grands...*hint* I split my biscuit into thirds for more surface area!!! schlurrrrp!!<br/><br/>Made for Culinary Quest 2014/Cruisin' Culinary Queens. xoxo Bethie/elmotoo
Yum! I really enjoyed this. Simple and good. Thanks Dibs for sharing this nice winner. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
We had breakfast for supper one night and biscuits and gravy was on the menu. This was very easy to make and the flavor is great. I used mild sausage and the flavor was spot on for us. Thank you Dib's for posting! Made and reviewed for the 2014 Culinary Quest - Family Picks.