Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A different way to make asparagus
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into pieces and cooked
- 4 eggs, hard cooked and sliced
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 10 biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9 X 9 inch square pan, layer half the asparagus, eggs, and cheese and dot with butter. Repeat layers.
- Spoon soup evenly over layers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- Make biscuits and cut into 2-inch rounds. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on a a plate and press the top of each biscuit into the seeds. Arrange with seed side up over hot mixture. Return to oven and bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until biscuits are a deep golden brown.
- Serve hot from the oven.
This was a total HIT!!! Even dh who gets snobby about casseroles, loved it & raved. I was shocked. I made a bigger batch...2 bunches asparagus in a 9x13 pan, 8 eggs, 8oz bag shredded cheese (2c?), 3 cans cream of asparagus (not mushroom) soup, & 2 cans Pillsbury biscuits. It only made 1 layer but baking times were the same. It was perfect ooey gooey comfort food; quick & easy to make. There was just a little leftover which i discovered that biscuits don't reheat so well in the microwave. edible just not great. dh was going on about the possibilities this dish has to change it up on different occasions. thank you for posting! made for Aussie Swap 5/12.