1/6 Photos of Biscuits
Hag chef's Note:
I got this recipe from a friend, they are very good and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 F Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Cut in butter with a pastry blender or a fork, or two knives, until crumbly.
- 3Add milk.
- 4Stir until it forms a ball.
- 5Add a bit more milk if necessary to make a soft dough.
- 6Roll or pat to 1 inch thick. (I usually pat the dough).
- 7Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or a floured glass.
- 8Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- 9Bake in 425 F for about 10- 12 minutes or until risen and nicely browned. (in my oven it usually takes 15 minutes).
- 10This is supposed to make 12, but I almost always only get 11 biscuits, with the size of the glass that I use.
- 11Variations: Try adding some fresh or dried herbs. Some good pairings are basil and oregano, or parsley and fresh ground black pepper, or thyme and garlic, or add some grated sharp or old cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.6
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 367.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.7 g