Recipe by Hag chef
I got this recipe from a friend, they are very good and easy to make.
Top Review by Doc Mom
Delicious. Followed exactly, and had to add a little milk, but I live up north where it's dry. Baked a little longer b/c my oven runs cold, and everyone loved 'em. Was sweet, and may not add as much sugar if they're for savory dish, but perfect for breakfast or strawberry shortcake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, cold
- 3⁄4 cup milk, cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 F Mix first 4 ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or a fork, or two knives, until crumbly.
- Add milk.
- Stir until it forms a ball.
- Add a bit more milk if necessary to make a soft dough.
- Roll or pat to 1 inch thick. (I usually pat the dough).
- Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter or a floured glass.
- Arrange on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in 425 F for about 10- 12 minutes or until risen and nicely browned. (in my oven it usually takes 15 minutes).
- This is supposed to make 12, but I almost always only get 11 biscuits, with the size of the glass that I use.
- Variations: Try adding some fresh or dried herbs. Some good pairings are basil and oregano, or parsley and fresh ground black pepper, or thyme and garlic, or add some grated sharp or old cheddar cheese.