Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Plain ole homemade biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons shortening
- 2⁄3 cup milk (about)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Sift flour, salt, powder.
- Add shortening and mix well.
- Stir in milk with a fork.
- Turn dough onto floured moulding board.
- Knead 10 to 20 times.
- Roll or pat out to 1/2 to 3/4 thickness.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Starlita, I made these biscuits for a family breakfast and everyone raved about them! I used 1/3 cup of butter flavored Crisco and they were very flaky. Thank you for sharing this quick 5 star recipe!
I increased the salt by 1/4 tsp and brushed the tops of the biscuits with melted shortening before baking. I thought the result was very good and very easy to prepare.Thanks for this recipe.
I found these to have no real taste. They were very easy to make but the flavor and texture of the cooked biscuit was nothing exciting. I'm sorry this particular recipe didn't jump out at me. I do appreciate your posting it though. Thanks.