Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
This biscuit recipe comes from my mother-in-law. I frequently "lose" the little index card it is written on, and when I try other recipes, none ever match up. I thought to put this on here, so I would never loose it again! :) I hope you enjoy these yummy biscuits as much as I always do.
- 3 cups white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, blend together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the margarine.
- Add egg, egg white, and milk.
- Blend together until sticky dough forms.
- You can plop on a greased cookie sheet OR roll out on floured board to 3/4" thick and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Bake 10-11 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Easy and with a hint of sweetness. I partially melted the butter and then just threw it in my stand mixer and it worked out well. Will definitely make these again.
I just made these and they were wonderful! very flaky! i used shortening instead of butter and next time i make them i will use a little less sugar or maybe none at all and add a cup of cheddar to make some cheddar biscuit.
I just made these biscuits and they turned out well. I would suggest using less sugar and also I would brush the biscuits with melted butter once they are done. I will make these again and try to modify the recipe a little more to my liking and update my review. :)