Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Yummy light and fluffy biscuits.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine 1 egg, with 1 tablespoon milk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift or whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Add the milk and slightly beaten egg and stir until just combined.
- Place mixture on a lightly floured surface and knead the dough gently until it comes together and is a smooth dough.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with a lightly floured round cookie cutter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with the beaten egg and milk mixture and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the biscuit comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Serve warm with butter.