Recipe by cook from scratch
This is a foolproof recipe. The dough can be made up in the morning and placed in the refrigerator until evening when they are ready to be rolled out and cut.
Top Review by Chef Judith Irene
Very good!! I am so pleased with this recipe because I usually fail at making biscuits and this recipe sure turned out GREAT!! I didn't have buttermilk, so I used1 cup milk with 1 T. vinegar... thanks for posting!!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco, coconut oil or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup buttermilk (I use buttermilk powder and 3/4 cup water)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together including buttermilk powder if using.
- Cut in shortening, coconut oil or butter. Add buttermilk (or water if using powder.).
- Roll out and cut or pinch and shape biscuits.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.