1/2 Photos of Biscuit Wraps With Beef, Turkey or Chicken Filling
Montana Heart Song's Note:
I had leftover meat loaf and 1 can of "Grands" canned biscuits. This will make a meal with a salad. You can use your own biscuit recipe for rolled biscuits. (The photos have small diced chicken)
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked ground beef or 3 cups cooked ground turkey or 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 green onions, sliced fine or 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 large cherry pepper, stemmed & chopped with seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely sliced celery
- 3 fresh baby carrots, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise or 2 teaspoons Miracle Whip
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In large mixing bowl, add 3 cups cooked crumbled meat, egg, water, miracle whip onions, cherry pepper, celery and grated carrots. Usually cooked meat is already seasoned.
- 2If it is bland, add salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3Slice biscuits horizontally, into 16 rounds.
- 4Use a serrated blade to slice through dough. Clean cut and easy to do. Roll each half in flour on both sides.
- 5Take a floured glass or rolling pin and flatten and widen the each round to 5 or 6 inches or wider. These half pies are large.
- 6Spray Pam on a baking sheet or use non stick baking sheet. When filled these half pies will be large.
- 7Preheat oven 350*.
- 8Proportion the filling between the 16 rounds. Use a slotted spoon when filling, so liquid drains.You want the taste not the moisture.
- 9Take one half of biscuit round and fold over to cover and seal only the edges after folding.
- 10Carefully lift with spatula to baking tray.
- 11Bake about 17 to 18 minutes.Watch the top of the rounds. If it is still moist, cook a little more. I have baked some at least 20 minutes. I think it depends on the weather.
- 12Note: A dark baking pan cooks baked goods faster than a light baking pan.
- 13Serve with cheese sauce,white pepper gravy, sweet and sour sauce or sweet white sauce. My hubby likes to pick up and dip in ranch dressing. This could be sack lunch also.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biscuit Wraps With Beef, Turkey or Chicken Filling
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 930.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked ground beef