Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is something my kids love the eat and have become great at helping me make 'em.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) container large refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble beef, salt, and pepper until beef is browned and no longer pink; drain off fat.
- Add 1 1/2 cups salsa; stir and cook until heated.
- Take each biscuit and split in half.
- On an ungreased baking sheet, flatten each biscuit half into 4-inch rounds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top each biscuit round evenly with meat mixture, chees, lettuce and remaining salsa.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.