Recipe by looneytunesfan
Kids love these kid-sized tostadas and so do adults that want small portions. They are best eaten on a plate with a knife and fork. Serve with a salad side if you want.
Top Review by MrsKnox2016
Edit: DH and I fell in love with these super easy entrees! So quick, and we both loved the taste of the biscuit with the taco style toppings. I even accidently used the "layers" style biscuits, but it still turned out wonderful. Thanks! I found a recipe similar to this for "Shrimp Biscuit Tostadas" on the Pillsbury website and thought I'd just comment on the variation rather than post a new recipe. Their version used 3/4 c. small cooked shrimp instead of the ground turkey and topped with salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce and avocado. Sounds great either way...I'll be back to review when I've tried them!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground chicken or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, divided
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package large refrigerated biscuits, use the lite version
- 1 cup shredded light monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add 1 1/2 cups salsa; heat through. Split each biscuit in half; flatten into 4 inch rounds on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with meat mixture, cheese, lettuce and remaining salsa. Yield: 16 servings.