Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe is so versatile. You can pretty much throw in whatever you have in left-overs. I have used leftover roast beef or London broil, plus have changed the veggies around, etc. It is great comfort food that helps you clean out the fridge!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top round steaks, cooked and cut into 1 inch cubes (London broil, or use any kind of leftover beef you have on hand)
- 1 (9 ounce) bag frozen baby carrots
- 1 (9 ounce) bagfrozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 large baking potato, cooked and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (18 ounce) jar beef gravy (or use home-made or mixes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray or grease a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine beef, frozen vegetables and potato in prepared dish.
- Stir in gravy, thyme and pepper.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes and remove from oven.
- Increase temperature to 400°F and top the casserole with biscuits.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes more or until golden brown.
Boy o Boy Karen, this is a winner! My DH and I just loved it....I used leftovers from a very rare sirloin tip roast, the gravy was a jar of Boston Market beef gravy combined with some leftover homemade gravy. I used fresh thyme from my garden and the vegetables and biscuits were the ones you recommended in your recipe. The results were fantastic. I definitely will be making this again, my imagination is going wild on what to add next time. Thanks so much for a recipe I'll be making again and again!
This is an excellent recipe for using leftover beef. I used leftover crockpot roast, carrots and diced potatoes and my whole family loved it. My two sons exclaimed "It's a keeper, mom!" Thanks for a great recipe!
Awesome! I followed exactly except to add a bit more salt and pepper and it was great. It's also incredibly inexpensive to make which is always a plus. I will most definitely be making again, thanks for posting!