Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
A tasty way to use up any leftover ham you may have.
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 cup cooked diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup cooked peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- tea biscuit mix (enough for 12)
- In a skillet, cook 1 chopped onion in 2 tbsp.
- butter until softened.
- Stir in 2 tbsp.
- all purpose flour and cook 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups milk; cook, stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 cups diced cooked ham, 1 cup cooked diced carrots, 1/2 cup cooked peas and 1/2 tsp.
- dried thyme.
- Transfer to deep pie plate or shallow casserole.
- Mix 12 tea biscuits from your favorite mix and arrange on top.
- Bake in 450F oven for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.