Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hearty dish that'll satisfy the hungriest appetite. From the best of country cooking 2004.
Make and share this Biscuit-Topped Creamed Ham recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon diced pimento
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in soup until blended. Stir in the ham and lemon juice; heat through. Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, milk and pimientos just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 4-5 times. Roll to about 1/2 inch thickness; cut out six biscuits with a 2 1/2 inch bisuit cutter. Arrange biscuits over ham mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve in individual dishes.