Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is soooo easy to make and soooo yummy!!! I found it on the internet while browsing for recipes one day and fell in luv with it!
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) chicken (quartered)
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 carrots (halved crosswise)
- 2 medium onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 celery ribs (halved crosswise)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a sauce pan combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add mushrooms and celery; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Remove chicken and vegetables.
- De-bone chicken; dice and set aside. Slice vegetables and set aside. Strain broth, reserving 2 cups. (Discard remaining broth or save for another use.) Melt margarine in a saucepan; stir in flour until smooth.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Gradually stir in cream and reserved broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, peas, and reserved chicken and vegetables. Pour into a 2 quart round baking dish. Set aside and keep warm. For biscuits, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until mixed. On a floured surface, roll to ½ inch thickness. Cut with a 2 inch biscuit cutter. Place biscuits on top of chicken mixture. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
The biscuits on this were gummy and tasteless. Yuck!