Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My favorite recipe from my childhood, this is ultimate comfort food. Try substituting different vegetables for the peas and carrots if you like.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced and cooked
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- your favorite biscuit dough (I use my own Low Fat Yogurt Biscuits #38667)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add flour and stir thoroughly.
- Add chicken broth and cook until thickened.
- To the saucepan, add chicken, peas, carrots, onion and salt.
- Heat to boiling.
- Pour into a 1.
- 5 liter casserole.
- Top with uncooked biscuits.
- Bake at 425 8-10 minutes or until the biscuits are done.
Enjoyed this! Used Healthy Breakfast Biscuit (260447) recipe and omitted the sugar. Also added extra veggies (green beans and broccoli) and I did saute the onion also.
I didn't have carrots so used potatoes, and I substituted Buillion for the stock. I sauteed the onions per the previous reviewers suggestion. The only addition I made was a bit of hungarian paprika and milk. We love so I used it whenever possible, and it worked really well here! The only think I would do next time is make some extra sauce. I think the potatoes stretched it a bit too thin. It was really good though. My 4 year old gobbled it up so it will be added to my regular fall/winter rotation. And mine took more like 15 minutes to cook but that is probably bc of my biscuit recipe. Here is the recipe I used. Fast, easy, and yummy biscuits! http://www.recipezaar.com/77417
This is very much comfort food. My 5 yr old daughter loved it. I poached my chicken breasts in chicken broth and added a bay leaf for seasoning. I would saute the chopped onion next time and add a little poultry seasoning. Thanks for posting.