Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet. I'm putting it here for future reference. A simple recipe for breadsticks. From Betty Crocker.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. In 13X9-inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir baking mix and water until soft dough forms. Place dough on surface generously dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into a ball; knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into 10X6-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half crosswise into 12 sticks, about 3/4 inch wide. Roll each stick in butter in pan.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot. Great with soup. Makes 24 biscuit sticks.
- Alternative ideas: Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top or garlic powder/butter.
What a fun way to eat a biscuit! :) I did make one change and that was instead of using the full third cup of butter to roll them in I melted 2 Tablespoons and brushed each side and put them on a cookie sheet because they were a bit crowded in the 13X9 pan. I sprinkled a little parmesan on top before baking per suggestion and they were really very tasty for such a simple and quick recipe. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 08