Recipe by teresas
Who doesn't love a slider. This one is spicy and full of yummy flavors!
Top Review by weekend cooker
A four for the sliders, but a definate 5 for the sauce. Very nice. Very minor problem holding the sliders together, but no biggie. Made for a nice early lunch. Made half with swiss cheese, and the other half with pepper jack cheese. All in all pretty good. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) can biscuits, 10 biscuit size
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sweet
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 egg, divided
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce, plus additional 1 tsp
- 3 ounces swiss cheese (cut into 2X2 inch squares, making 10 )
- dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare biscuits place them on cookie sheet. Separate the egg white from the york (reserve the york for later). Whip the egg white with 1 teaspoons of Sriracha chili sauce. Brush mixture over each biscuit. Sprinkle with some dried basil. Cook biscuits per package direction. Set aside when done.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the Italian sausage and ground beef. Add in the chopped onion, half and half, egg york, corn flakes, salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Make 10 patties by dividing the mixture in half and forming 5 patties from each half of the mixture. They should make 2-2 1/2 inch patties.
- Spray a 10 inch skillet with cooking spray. Heat over a med-high heat.
- Add mini meat patties to pan. Cook about 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise with 1/2-1 tablespoon of Sriracha chili sauce (based on your heat level tolerant) and set aside.
- To assemble the sliders take a biscuit, slice it in half (you should have two circles) spread the bottom half with about 2 teaspoons of the mayo mixture top with the meat patty and a small slice of Swiss cheese, finish it with the top piece of the biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy.