Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Who doesn't love a slider. This one is spicy and full of yummy flavors!
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) can biscuits, 10 biscuit size
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, sweet
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 egg, divided
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon sriracha hot chili sauce, plus additional 1 tsp
- 3 ounces swiss cheese (cut into 2X2 inch squares, making 10 )
- dried basil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare biscuits place them on cookie sheet. Separate the egg white from the york (reserve the york for later). Whip the egg white with 1 teaspoons of Sriracha chili sauce. Brush mixture over each biscuit. Sprinkle with some dried basil. Cook biscuits per package direction. Set aside when done.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the Italian sausage and ground beef. Add in the chopped onion, half and half, egg york, corn flakes, salt, pepper. Mix well.
- Make 10 patties by dividing the mixture in half and forming 5 patties from each half of the mixture. They should make 2-2 1/2 inch patties.
- Spray a 10 inch skillet with cooking spray. Heat over a med-high heat.
- Add mini meat patties to pan. Cook about 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise with 1/2-1 tablespoon of Sriracha chili sauce (based on your heat level tolerant) and set aside.
- To assemble the sliders take a biscuit, slice it in half (you should have two circles) spread the bottom half with about 2 teaspoons of the mayo mixture top with the meat patty and a small slice of Swiss cheese, finish it with the top piece of the biscuit.
- Serve and enjoy.
A four for the sliders, but a definate 5 for the sauce. Very nice. Very minor problem holding the sliders together, but no biggie. Made for a nice early lunch. Made half with swiss cheese, and the other half with pepper jack cheese. All in all pretty good. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
This was a pretty good recipe. I liked the biscuits with the hot egg wash and really liked the sauce. The burgers themselves were pretty tasty too. Liked the swiss cheese with all of the other flavors. Thanks for posting! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag.
I really liked the sauce.The sliders were pretty good but the meat patties were falling apart. Perhaps there was not enough fat in my choice of meats to hold together good. Made for RSC 16.