Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
It tastes better the next day, the more cold it is, the more delicious. This recipe is passed on to me by my aunt(mom's sis), Mrs. Madhu Malhotra. I made this yesterday evening and it was enjoyed by everyone at home:) I also like the idea of it being vegetarian and hence it will click with just about everyone!
- 500 ml fresh milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1 can pineapple slices in syrup
- almonds, chopped (a handful)
- raisins, chopped (a handful)
- cashews, chopped (a handful)
- 2 packets glucose biscuits
- 2 packets monaco biscuits or 2 packets nabil biscuits
- 3 glace green cherries (for garnishing)
- 3 glace red cherries (for garnishing)
- -----Preparationof custard-----------.
- Firstly, you have to prepare the custard.
- For this, take 2 tbsp of milk in a bowl and add the custard powder to it.
- Mix very nicely till all the powder has dissolved in the milk.
- Now boil the remaining milk on low flame, making sure that you stir occasionally.
- Once the milk has boiled, pour it into the custard that you have prepared.
- Stir really well and do not let lumps form.
- ------Formationof layers-------------.
- Now comes the interesting part.
- Take a transparent bowl and on the bottom, put one layer of Monaco biscuits.
- Spread it out evenly.
- Then, put a layer of Glucose biscuits.
- Then, put a layer of the various dryfruits i.
- ,cashewnuts, raisins and almonds.
- After this, put small pieces of pineapple slices and pat them with some of the syrup from the tin.
- Now, put some red glaze cherries on top of the pineapple pieces.
- If you wish, you can cut them in various shapes and then put them.
- After this, pour some of the custard all around the topmost layer so that it'll sink to the last layer as well.
- Then, repeat the same steps of creating the different layers.
- Garnish on top with green and red glaze cherries, alternately.
- Keep aside for 20 minutes and then refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.